Sunday 31 August 2014

Day 2: Dr Perricone 3 day programme

I woke up without my caffeine withdrawal headache feeling refreshed after 10 hours' sleep. I went and looked in the mirror and was surprised and thrilled to see that my skin already looked significantly better - after one day! It looked smooth and glowing. I put on some sunscreen and strolled off to get a Starbucks spearmint green tea before returning home to cook my epic 3 course breakfast (the meal plan is identical for all three days, so see yesterday's post for details).  Throughout the day I drank the essential still spring water, with extra sparkling water and fresh mint tea.

As I had struggled with the salmon yesterday, I decided to make salmon tartare today. I used the ingredients of Dr P's salad dressing: a tbsp of olive oil and fresh lemon juice, to marinate it plus the usual diced shallot/pickled cucumber/capers. As olives are allowed on the plan (as an alternative to almonds in the evening snack) I figured these salty/preserved items aren't too far off the programme.

Again I merged lunch and dinner due to the fact that I'm a bum on weekends and had breakfast at 11.30, but I made sure I ate an extra large portion of salmon and incorporated the green vegetables from dinner. I treated myself to an antoxidant-rich glass of red wine. It's the Sicilian red Nero d'Avola which is a full-bodied red bursting with antioxidants! I appreciated it to wash down my bland veggies and oily salmon.




















I've skipped the afternoon snack and will shortly be munching on my green apple + 4 almonds + 50g of quorn before bed! Back to work tomorrow so will be interesting to see how this plan fits into my work routine.

Here's a no-makeup pic of my noticeably smoother and radiant skin at the end of day 2:


I took it on my Camera+ app and it looks like I've used a filter, but I haven't! My skin actually looks this nice :)



2 comments:

  1. Hi I know you posted this ages ago but are quorn products allowed on the diet? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not expressly allowed (it's a UK brand so I doubt Dr Perricone knows it) but nutritionally it's closest to chicken/turkey out of the vegetarian substitutes available, so as a vegetarian (technically pescatarian as I ate a lot of salmon!) I used it just to replace them for the high protein snacks.

    ReplyDelete

 
Images by Freepik